You've found the home on the net for romance writer, LaVerne Clark. Thanks for visiting! :)

I write suspense and light fantasy/paranormal set in the beautiful country of New Zealand. A land of myths and magic, Aotearoa (Maori for Long White Cloud) has always been a storytelling nation and it is my pleasure to share mine with you.

Make yourself your drink of choice, stay a while and feel free to leave comments. I love to meet new friends.



Heartpounding suspense and fantasy Downunder



Friday, November 15, 2013

Busy, busy...



Yep. It's that time of the year again when writers of all descriptions and from all over the world attempt the beast that is NaNoWriMo. I'm glad to report that the moment of, "Yikes! What am I DOING??" has been and gone, and I'm really enjoying the journey. And the story I'm writing has some great potential too. I think/hope. Of course, it will need a LOT of re-writes and polishing before it is even close to being ready to be read by my beta-readers, but it is still fun. I'm seeing the story and scenes in my head like a movie which for me tells me its working. Then again - it could just be madness caused by sleep deprivation that is telling me that. Anyway - this is the sequel to Affinity, my favourite book, tentatively titled, "Synchronicity". I'm not sure if yet if the title is a goodie or if it's a clanger. Time will tell - and things should become a little clearer with a bit of sleep! 

November is a busy month for me. I'm also eagerly awaiting the worldwide release of my first full-length book, Beyond the Shadows. I'm gearing up for the online Facebook party and getting the goodies sorted out for giveaways. By the way - they are international. Here is the link if you want to check it out and join in the fun. 

November also means the annual A&P show (Agricultural and Pastoral) where the local branch of Greyhounds As Pets (or GAP for short) have a stall to show off our gorgeous doggies and to entice others to adopt one. I mean - who wouldn't fall in love with these gorgeous, elegant speedsters? 
Hmm...lets try another one....

Ahh! That's more like it. As I was saying, gorgeous and elegant! :) This is our Jazzy. She has been the most delightful and loving addition to our family and while time spent elsewhere when I could be working on my Nano novel isn't usually ideal, helping GAP find new families for the recent retired racing hounds is the very best use of that stolen time. It is a sacrifice worth making.

I'm also working to reach the coveted 50,000 words on November 27 as my hubby and I will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary on the 28th. My father is flying down to Nelson to look after our children and then we're off to enjoy the weekend footloose and fancy-free! It has been years since we've gone away just the two of us, so it will also be a weekend of rediscovery and fun. We can't wait!

So - lots of things on the go and to look forward to this month. How about you? Have you got a busy one?  

No comments:

Post a Comment